2017 sin & gin schedule
A guided walking tour exploring the history of vice in Bellingham. Tickets available starting January 2, 2017. Email gift cards available now.
Schedule and details:
- Downtown tours run April 1 - August 26: 4pm on Fridays and Saturdays
- Fairhaven tours run July 7 - August 25: 7pm on Fridays
- $20 per person - ages 21+, identification required for tasting/drinks (See more about age restrictions below)
- Downtown: 1-hour walking tour capped off with a tasting at Chuckanut Bay Distillery.
- Fairhaven: 1-hour walking tour with special boozy treat TBA.
Give the gift of a one-of-a-kind experience: Purchase an email gift card now, good for any 2017 tour:
Age restrictions: Adults over the age of 18 but under the age of 21-- or adults of any age who do not drink-- are welcome to come on this tour, omitting alcohol. Minors under the age of 18 may come on this tour when accompanied by an adult.
Private Guided Tours
Our private guided tours are perfect for bachelor/bachelorette parties, birthday parties, social groups, extra-special date nights, retirement parties, workplace teambuilding activities, whatever you want! You have choices but basically we just want to know two things:
What do you want learn about?
Interested in the history of vice, sin and how sex workers and saloon owners created the foundation for the much more subdued city that you see today? The SIN & GIN TOUR is the girl for you!
Horrifying history with some great local legend mixed in? The GORE & LORE TOUR should be right up your darkened alley.
Woah… maybe just the basics? Our HOLLY STREET HISTORY TOUR will give you an intro to the history of our weird little city.
Downtown or Fairhaven?
We offer Sin & Gin and Gore & Lore tours of both Downtown and Fairhaven, and the general/all-ages Holly Street History tour (Downtown only). Everyone has their favorite, and we’re happy to tell you more about either New Whatcom or the Southside. Wait, you didn’t know thats what they used to be called? You should probably take a tour!
- A $90 minimum booking fee covers 1-6 people ($15/per person at 6 people).
- Additional guests are $15 and can be paid for at the time of your tour, or when you make your booking.
- We offer discounts for groups with 15-30 guests, school groups, and nonprofit organizations.
Things to note before you book:
- Private tours are subject to guide availability and therefore must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance if at all possible. We'll do our best to accommodate your schedule, but we're only human!
- Our private tours run rain or shine. We will happily attempt to reschedule your tour if it's gross outside, but we don't offer refunds unless conditions are dangerous (e.g. ice/snow).
- Tour Guides for our Sin & Gin Tour are guaranteed to wear historical reproduction undergarments as a costume during Private Guided Tours JUNE-SEPTEMBER ONLY. Historical costuming is not guaranteed outside this season due to weather. Corsets are expensive!
Ready to request a Private Guided Tour?
Don't forget to tell us:
- Your preferred date & time
- Preferred location (downtown or Fairhaven)
- Which tour you would like to book (Sin & Gin, Gore & Lore, or Holly Street History)
- If there are any special considerations for this tour such as accessibility accommodations, requests for a special event, etc.